Search FraudFYI

Friday, April 29, 2016

Charity scam email from Jeffrey Skoll jeffrey.skoll@rogers.com jeff.skoll@skollcharity.org

PLEASE NOTE:  This email is not from the real Jeffrey Skoll and the real Jeffrey Skoll is in no way associated with this scam!

Originating IP: 141.20.188.164
Originating ISP: Humboldt-universitaet Zu Berlin
City: Berlin
Country of Origin: Germany

from: Jeffrey Skoll <jeffrey.skoll@rogers.com> 
reply-to: jeff.skoll@skollcharity.org
to: Me <jeffrey.skoll@rogers.com>
date: Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 2:12 PM
subject: Donation For You

Hi,
I am Jeffrey Skoll, a philanthropist and the founder of one of the largest private foundations in the world. My motto is giving while living and I always had the idea that never changed in my mind, that wealth should be used to help people and I have decided to give USD1.924.108.00 to you. This email address was selected online randomly while searching, kindly respond to this message so I know I reached a valid email to disclose further information.
Visit the webpage to know more about me: http://alumni.utoronto.ca/uoft-news/alumni-in-the-news/the-canadian-billionaire-whos-giving-it-all-away/ OR http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2003-11-30/jeffrey-skoll-why-delay-give-it-away

Regards,
Jeffrey Skoll.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I decided to reply, what with my being formerly employed in an anti-aircraft fraud role in Surrey and Berkshire.
    Imagine, thus, to receive an odd reply, to put it mildly, which I immediately felt was a little too pat. One typo in the body of the letter gave away the writer's origin. The idea behind handing over large wads of cash behind the scenes always struck me as being bogus.
    The same scenario applies here - yet another turkey hobble- gobbling its way to the front of the queue. It demonstrates how easy it is to steal a legitimate identity for a very different motive!⛔

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got one of these emails today. It seemed obviously a scam to me but I can see where some people might fall for it.

    "Hi,
    My name is Jeffrey Stuart Skoll, OC. I'm the founder of one of the largest private foundations in the world. I'm on a mission to give it all away as I believe in ‘giving while living.’ I always had the idea that never changed in my mind — that wealth should be used to help each other which has made me decide to donate to you. Kindly acknowledge this message and I will get back to you with more details.

    Visit the web page to know more about me: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/meet-the-canadian-billionaire-whos-giving-it-all-away/article4209888/

    Regards,
    Jeffrey Skoll, OC."

    sent by:
    jeffskolls@shaw.ca

    reply to:
    jeffskoll@att.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Your comment will be reviewed and posted shortly!